The Orchard Apple Store Blog Phoenix – Chandler – Mesa, AZ
There’s a sinking feeling that you get when your laptop’s speed suddenly begins to slow down. You notice it won’t hold a charge as long as it used to and the “spinning wheel of death” appears on the screen more often than not.
When the time comes, don’t stress about having to buy the newest and best—a brand new one can be expensive and not everyone can afford one. Instead, consider investing in refurbished Apple laptops in Chandler, AZ. An older, professionally refurbished model is capable of working at a super high level, like a new out-of-the-box laptop! Here are five upgrades that will breathe new life into a refurbished Apple laptop:
- New battery: Over time, your Apple laptop’s battery will hold less of a charge, eventually leading to the laptop not charging at all. No one wants to have to be permanently attached to an electrical socket and charger, but that’s what can happen if your laptop’s battery goes dead. Replacing the original battery in a refurbished laptop with a brand new one will no doubt boost power in the device.
- Solid state hard drive: This is the electronic circuitry that is built entirely out of semiconductor and is the device’s primary storage. All the storage on a solid state hard drive is handled by flash memory chips, which provides three advantages for your laptop: less power being used, faster access to data and it will have higher reliability
- RAM increase: Random Access Memory (RAM) increases your device’s available memory or its capability. Increasing the RAM can be useful if you want to increase speed and overall performance so that you can use multiple programs simultaneously. Since there are risks involved with replacing computer hardware components, it is best to leave this to the professionals.
- New trackpad: Decline in the trackpad’s touch sensitivity or calibration could be reasons why a trackpad may need replacing, especially in refurbished laptops. Because it is a delicate piece and its location in the unit is tricky to access, Apple laptop trackpads can be difficult to repair. But, an expert can do this through careful disassembly.
- Update to the newest operating system: Even if you don’t know what OSX Yosemite is, you have seen it appear in your Apple updates. For your laptop to remain efficient, it is very important to be up-to-date with the newest operating system, which is no exception when it comes to refurbished Apple laptops in Chandler, AZ. Ask your local laptop refurbishing business to help you update your system before you take it home!
Are you worried that you will have to spend the last of your life savings to replace your old, slow Apple laptop with a brand new one? Put your worries aside and come visit The Orchard for a selection of quality refurbished Apple laptops in Chandler, AZ. The Orchard replaces questionable components and always makes sure their refurbished laptops are cleaned up both inside and out to provide you with the best computer performance possible.
It’s a seriously unfortunate event when your laptop is accidentally knocked off of the table. As if in slow motion, you watch your $1,000+ electronic device crash to the floor. Unsavory, yet understandable, words exit your mouth at the same time you are thinking about what you are going to do.
Unless you are a computer repair technician, any repairs to expensive electronics should be performed by an expert, and there are many reasons why it’s best to seek MacBook repairs from a certified professional in Chandler, AZ:
- First, read your warranty! A laptop warranty generally covers the parts and labor for repairs both internal and cosmetic, basically problems that were not caused by you. However, there are things that can void the warranty, such as the simple act of taking your laptop to another computer tech other than where you made your purchase for a repair. Likewise, attempting to do repairs yourself could void it out. There also may be a time interval limit written in, for example, a warranty could require that you take your laptop in for scheduled maintenance once every three months for the life of the warranty.
- Think you’re Mr. Fix-It? Unless you are certified in laptop repair, don’t attempt to repair a busted laptop yourself because there’s a chance of making things worse or creating new problems—what may have begun as an easy fix has now turned into an expensive repair or the need for parts replacement. These days, the Internet is full of how-to videos and instructions, but, if you tinker around with it without the proper knowledge, you run the risk of causing more potential harm than good.
- Professionals have the right tools for MacBook repair in Chandler, AZ: needle nose pliers with cutter, a bit driver kit, a sponger… do you know what these are? If you didn’t know that the mentioned items are tools used for repairing laptops, then you don’t have the right tools to get the job done correctly. The pros also have access to the delicate and small internal computer components necessary to get the job done.
- Does this sound familiar? You tell yourself you will finish painting the shed or promise your spouse you’ll fix the cracked and leaky kitchen sink, then it ends up taking you weeks, months, even years to complete. And, that doesn’t mean the final product will be good. Electronics are complicated devices that should only be taken apart and repaired by a professional. They know your laptop is a big part of your personal and work life, which is a reason why a pro has been trained to make repairs quickly and accurately.
Stop staring at that cracked screen; don’t fight with a non-clickable trackpad; say no to slow system speed. You don’t have to needlessly suffer with a busted laptop. If you find yourself seeking MacBook repair in Chandler, AZ, contact the trained and certified Apple technicians at The Orchard for all your Apple laptop maintenance needs.
There’s nothing quite like experiencing a computer crash, rebooting and finding out that you’re missing data—whether it’s years of photos that are corrupted and no longer able to be viewed or countless documents that have simply vanished into the abyss. It’s enough to make anyone lose their mind!
Thankfully, in today’s day and age of technology, data loss is becoming more and more preventable and data that might have once been lost or damaged can now be recovered safely after incidents. The best part is, you don’t even need to make an appointment that the Apple Store in Chandler, AZ: you can take preventative data measures by yourself each and every day! Take a look at a few tips for keeping your data safe at all times:
- Utilize Apple’s iCloud storage space or invest in cloud storage that you can sync to your Mac. Dropbox, Box.net and even Google drive offer large chunks of space for pennies on the dollar (sometimes even free), allowing you to store your files in the cloud where they can’t be harmed by any single computer crash.
- Frequently saving documents is absolutely the way to go on a more refined level. Taking a tenth of a second to hit “Command+S” while you’re working in a document means your progress has been saved in case something goes awry. Best of all, if you have Time Machine enabled on your Mac or are saving things to iCloud in versions, you can even go back to explore past versions of files if something happens down the line with a newer draft.
- Enable Time Machine on your Mac. Don’t think about it: just do it! This wonderful feature ensures that your Mac is automatically backing itself up to an external source regularly so that you don’t have to worry about a thing. If and when something goes wrong, just recall the most recent backup and pick up where you left off.
- Make copies of important documents and be sure to have them stored safely in appropriate places. For example, if you file your taxes digitally, save a copy to your hard drive, a copy to your cloud and stick a copy on a flash drive in case of emergency, along with other personal documents.
- Don’t install suspicious apps on your computer or open untrusted documents! This might not have any relation to backing up your data directly, but it’s often the source of many troublesome computer issues that might result in you losing your data via a system failure. Observing good habits regarding what’s allowed on your computer versus what’s not will narrow the chances that you encounter troublesome data loss.
Invest in at least one of the tips above to make sure that your data is in good hands at all times and you’ll feel immensely better the next time your computer encounters issues. And, as a last resort, know that you can always try to visit the Apple Store in Chandler, AZ to see if anything can be recovered from your hard drive itself—just don’t let this be your only fail safe against lost data or you could be in for a rude awakening.
Few things in this world are as divided as Mac and PC—rarely do you ever see someone crossing over the boundaries to use devices from both companies or making a definitive switch to one after using the other for years. But it does happen from time to time, and when it does, it can be quite the culture shock to say the least!
If you’ve been using a PC all your life and transitioning to Mac products for one reason or another, take a look at some important tips that will make the transition smoother and easier to adjust to:
- First off, find a comparable product to learn the operating system on. If you’ve had a Windows laptop for years, it’s going to be a weird transition to iOS on an iPad—instead, transition over to a refurbished Apple laptop in Chandler, AZ and get to know OSX. This will give you a direct transition that you can eventually adapt into learning about iOS.
- If you’re a Windows command wizard it’s going to be a bit of an adjustment to perform those same commands on Mac. Unlike Windows keyboards, which have built in keys for certain commands, Mac keyboards are much more streamlined, meaning you’re going to have to pick up on a few more key commands to stay fluid. Don’t worry—they’re easy enough to learn!
- Swipe gestures are huge across Apple devices, so get to know them right off the bat for a better user experience and a quicker pickup time when it comes to learning how to maneuver in the iOS and OSX environments.
- Familiarize yourself with the file browser and get to know the common locations for where you’ll be saving files and programs. For PC, this is usually done by navigating to the C:// drive, however on Mac, it’s all about opening your user profile in the Finder. Don’t worry, you can add shortcuts to your dock and Finder windows to help you keep your place!
- Quitting an application in Mac is different from PC in that hitting the red X button doesn’t do the trick—it simply closes the active window. Instead, you’ll need to choose “File, Quit” from the top menu or drop the ‘ol “Command+Q” shortcut.
- Need help finding something on your new refurbished Apple laptop in Chandler, AZ? Hitting “Command+Space” will bring up the Spotlight viewer, which is your ticket to searching the entire computer in seconds. Just type in what you’re looking for and away you go!
- Looking for the right program to help you with a task or a great new game you can waste some time with? The App Store has everything you need in the way of Apple-approved and trusted programs, which means you don’t have to scour the internet for them or go through unsavory channels to download them.
The list could go on and on, but above are a few core tips that should get you started if you’re transitioning from PC to Mac. As you get more familiar with your new Mac, you’ll begin to pick things up intuitively and eventually, it’ll be like you’ve always used a Mac!
We’ve all been there: one moment you’re contentedly scrolling away on your iPhone or iPad, and the next moment it’s on the ground, with a big crack running through the screen. As a shop that provides iPhone screen repair in Chandler, AZ, we see people every day who have just gone through that experience, so we know it can be a stressful and exasperating time.
Unfortunately, repairing or replacing your screen will cost you some time and money, but it doesn’t have to be a ton. We know it can be tempting to either just live with it, try to repair it yourself or replace your phone altogether, but we believe the best option is to come to a store like ours—that is, one that provides fast and reasonably priced iPhone screen repair in Chandler, AZ. Here are just a few reasons why you’ll be glad you did.
- It’s probably cheaper than replacing your phone. Unless your contract happens to be expiring at the same time you crack your screen, repairing your screen is almost always going to be more affordable than replacing the entire phone. Our iPhone screen repair services range from about $80 to $100, much cheaper than the up to $400 you might be paying for a new iPhone! And with iPads, you can’t have a contract anyway, so you may as well pay significantly less to repair the screen.
- It’s easier than living with it. We know it never feels good to spend money on something that could have been avoided, or that might not seem completely necessary. But in today’s world, your work or education, not to mention your social life, could easily be negatively affected by a screen that’s difficult to read. And even if it’s a small, unobtrusive crack to start, it could easily spread over time, so you may as well nip it in the bud.
- It’s less frustrating than doing it yourself. Yes, it is possible to perform a DIY screen repair. But whether you attempt it yourself or have an “experienced” friend try and fix your screen, there is always the potential that in trying to fix it, you actually make the problem worse and even damage other parts of your iPhone or iPad. Of course it’s tempting to try and save a buck, but you might end up with more harm to your device than you started out with.
- You don’t need to go to an Apple store. After reading through these points, you might have come to the conclusion that you’ll have to make the trek to your nearest Apple store to have your screen fixed. But you don’t have to! We know Apple stores may be far from your location, they’re frequently very crowded and Apple employees might take a long time before they’re even able to address your concern. That’s why we’re proud to offer the perfect solution: our employees are trained by Apple, but we offer our own services at three conveniently accessible locations. We’ll be happy to fix your screen quickly and affordably. Come see us today to learn more!
If you’re in the market for a new laptop, chances are you’ll find Apple laptops to be more user-friendly and longer lasting than many alternatives. However, Apple products are also known for being expensive, and not everyone can afford to buy brand new Apple products or justify making such a big purchase.
Fortunately, there is an alternative to buying a brand new MacBook: purchasing a refurbished one! As a store that sells refurbished Apple laptops in Chandler, AZ, we know that consumers can sometimes be wary of buying refurbished products, as they worry about lower quality and obsolescence. However, refurbished products are often the way to go, especially if you value the quality of a MacBook but balk at the standard retail price. Here are five reasons why you can feel confident about purchasing refurbished Apple laptops in Chandler, AZ:
- What refurbished means: “Refurbished” isn’t just a fancy word for “used.” In order for any secondhand product to be classified as refurbished, it has to be thoroughly cleaned, have any defective parts replaced and be wiped of all foreign software or hardware. That means that when you buy a refurbished Apple laptop, you’ll never have to worry about a preexisting malfunction or faulty part.
- Apple warranty: On the off chance that there is a problem that the refurbishing experts don’t catch, you can usually rely on Apple’s one-year warranty on officially refurbished products. So when it comes to reliability and quality, a refurbished Apple laptop is just as good as a brand new one.
- Lower price: Obviously, a big incentive to buy any refurbished product is that the price will be significantly lower. No, you won’t have the newest, shiniest version on the market, but you’ll have a quality, dependable and powerful machine from a reputable manufacturer for a fraction of the cost.
- Apple products last: When compared to some PC brands, Apple computers are known to last much longer, which means that you’ll be getting plenty of bang for your buck even if you do buy a secondhand MacBook. Sure, you could buy a brand new, lower quality PC for about the same price as a refurbished MacBook, but there’s a good chance you’d wind up using the MacBook longer. Apple computers are also extremely virus-resistant when compared to PCs, so you shouldn’t have to worry too much about having to pay for virus removal.
- Good for the environment: Do you ever think about how many different computers, phones, TVs and other electronic devices you’ve gotten rid of throughout your lifetime? Discarded electronics build up quickly and are difficult to safely dispose of, making them very bad for the environment. You probably already recycle bottles, cans, paper and more, so you may as well continue to do your part by purchasing recycled electronics.
We know that some people have to be in line outside the Apple store the first day a new product comes out. If you tend to roll your eyes at these types but still appreciate the quality and longevity of Apple products, then you might want to consider a refurbished MacBook the next time you’re in the market for a new computer.
Apple products have long been known for their high quality, their intuitive design and their versatility. They’re also known for their cost. For many people who would really like to own Apple products—whether they’re interested in desktop computers, laptops, tablets or phones— those high prices can be a barrier to entering Apple’s universe.
But there’s good news for people who believe they’re priced out of Apple’s range: it’s easier than ever to buy refurbished Apple products from an Apple store in Chandler, AZ. The Orchard has been selling refurbished Apple products of all varieties since 2009, and just as Apple hasn’t slowed down when it comes to updating and improving its products, we haven’t slowed our commitment to providing refurbished Apple products of high quality. Here are some of the reasons to consider choosing refurbished Apple products, especially if you haven’t purchased an Apple product before:
- Major savings: As we said, the very cost of Apple products is the most common barrier for buyers who haven’t yet purchased them. Apple rarely holds sales, and although it’s possible to get certain discounts when you buy directly from Apple, for most people, the extra savings just doesn’t bring the price down enough. This is where buying refurbished Apple products may be just the right option. Refurbished Apple products are often sold at prices far lower than you’ll find when shopping through Apple. And on top of the savings, you’re not getting a substantially different product. It’s a win-win all around!
- High quality: When you buy refurbished Apple products, particularly from a store like The Orchard that specializes in the repair and sales of Apple desktop and laptop computers, iPads and iPhones, you can rest assured you’ll be getting high quality products. “Refurbished” should not be confused with “used”—whereas used products have typically not undergone any repairs, modifications or even cosmetic touch-ups, refurbished products have been inspected, repaired and in many cases even had old parts exchanged for brand-new ones. In other words, you don’t have to worry about a
refurbished Apple product turning into a nightmare the second you take it home.
- Little difference between refurbished and new: Because refurbished Apple products have gone through such an extensive process to get them ready for resale, you’re not just getting a product that’s better than used—you’re getting products in like-new condition. They’ll be fully functional and rebuilt to last. While we’re happy to repair Apple products—and we do it a lot—it’s never our goal to sell you a product that’s going to need to be repaired sooner rather than later. In the end, you’ll find that, if there are any differences between your refurbished Apple product and the brand-new version for which you could’ve paid much more, they’ll be largely cosmetic.
The team at The Orchard has a combined two decades of experience selling, repairing and gaining knowledge of Apple products. If you’re looking for an Apple store in Chandler, AZ that can provide the quality refurbished products, dependable repairs and friendly, knowledgeable service you need, come see us today!
When you’re in the market for a new computer, you’re faced with a greater range of options today than ever before. But while the technology now gives you far more power than you would’ve had just a few years ago, more variety also means making a choice can be more difficult. Let’s say you know you’re looking for an Apple product, and let’s say you know you want a laptop—that’s two key choices you’ve already made, but Apple still gives you a couple great options to decide between: the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air. And of course, each of those comes with different options, as well. So how can you go about choosing between different types of refurbished MacBooks in Chandler, AZ?
- Think about your budget: Particularly when you’re shopping for Apple products, one of the first things you’ll need to consider is your budget. Yes, Apple products are almost guaranteed to be more expensive than other brands, but you already knew that. As far as MacBooks are concerned, a MacBook Pro is automatically going to run a couple hundred dollars more than a MacBook Air. But just as important as price is what you’ll actually be doing with your computer.
- Consider what you need to do with your computer: Will you be using your laptop primarily for work or pleasure? What kinds of software will you regularly be running? Are you more concerned with speed, storage space, screen size or the ability to hook up to other devices? A technician can help walk you through the differences between the computers, based on your needs.
- Size matters: One good piece of news is that, if you haven’t handled an Apple laptop in a while, or if you’re only used to competitors’ products, you’re in for a treat with more recent Apple models: they’re more lightweight and thinner than ever. The smallest MacBook Air weighs about half as much as the largest MacBook Pro, but none of these models is anywhere near as heavy as even older MacBooks.
- Connections and ports: One of the tradeoffs of the MacBook Air is that what you gain in lightweight sleekness diminishes your options for connecting to other devices. MacBook Pros come with two Thunderbolt ports, two USB ports, an SD card slot and an HDMI port. MacBook Airs lose one of those Thunderbolt ports and the HDMI port.
- Storage considerations: Here, your choice needs to factor in whether you want a hard disk drive or a solid-state drive. The former allows for substantially more storage, while the latter is substantially faster. Newer MacBook Pros and all MacBook Airs have solid-state drives, and while Pros can be upgraded to include more storage, those upgrades don’t come cheap.
Buying refurbished MacBooks in Chandler, AZ has never been easier, even if you take into account the differences between Apple products. Fortunately, the team at The Orchard has the experience and knowledge necessary to help you make sure you’re getting the right Apple laptop for your needs. Call or come in today to ask questions and do some shopping!
“Experience your Mac’s true speed with a Samsung EVO 840 SSD!”
What is a Solid State Drive?
- Traditional hard drives are made up of a spinning disk and a magnetic, movable read/write head. Solid-state drives, on the other hand, use microchips to store data, just like portable USB flash drives. Thus, they have no moving parts, and are much quieter, more durable, and faster than regular
Why upgrade to an SSD?
- Speed is their biggest advantage. (Up to x5 faster!!!) Not only do they have much faster read times since there is no moving head, but they also start up faster because they don’t need to spin. Also, since the physical location of data doesn’t matter on SSDs, read speeds are consistent no matter where your data is stored, and disk fragmentation isn’t really a problem. In addition, they use up less power than regular drives, so in a laptop, they’ll also afford you a bit of extra battery life. All these things make them a pretty great upgrade to your
120GB – $149.99How much? How long? O
- 250GB – $249.99
- 500GB – $328.99
5 Minute, on the spot installation! SSD’s are pre-loaded with Yosemite!
Visit The Orchard today or call us for more information.
Chandler – 480-786-0253
Phoenix – 602-843-8230
Mesa – 480-733-5938